Search This Blog

Friday, November 6, 2009

The Simple Heart



I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed.  But if it dies, it produces many seeds.  The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.  Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be.  My Father will honor the one who serves me.
                                                                                                                                John 12:24-26 

I have been pondering much about a simple life and time these last few days.   We live in a culture that is bombarded with busyness, stress, and anything but simplicity!  God is so good...when I opened up my devotional book today, it was entitled, The Simple Heart.  

"Simplicity is not the absence of "things" or activities.  A simple heart can embrace activities with a deliberate attitude of accomplishment, knowing that the priorities have been guided by the Holy Spirit."

"Simplicity is also not a matter of style but rather an attitude of the heart.  A heart surrendered to Christ has a priority that impacts every thought and activity.  Compassion flows from our hearts and prompts us to provide for the needs of others.  Simplicity of emotions will purify our actions.  Words will be spoken more deliberately and anger will be replaced with patience."


"The mystery of creation that we see in the season of autumn reminds us that out of death comes life.  A falling leaf enriches the soil for the new sprout of spring.  Dying to self and living with Christ as our priority eternally enriches our lives.  It is the ultimate answer to all life's questions.  And it is the foundation for simplicity."                      Vonette Bright








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails