Search This Blog

Monday, January 4, 2010

Window Shopping



The three younger boys and I have enjoyed various outings during the last few weeks and we have had a ball!  They provided me with endless hours of comedy, and they threw in a few thought-provoking questions, just to keep me on my feet.  

Decorations were being donned on the store fronts and my two youngest ones became so excited that they wanted to start shopping...for the name each had drawn...and for themselves!!  I had to take a few minutes to explain the concept of "window shopping".  They both looked very surprised and the older asked, "you mean people really just look at all this stuff but don't buy it?" 

It still brings a smile to my face!!  I did explain that people do indeed go window shopping...and we were going to do just that on this outing so that we could really think about what we wanted to buy that special sibling this year...and just to have fun!!  Samuel expressed consent as long as lunch would actually be enjoyed and not just admired!! :)

We looked at toys, games, electronics, computer games, sports equipment, music, and believe it or not...hamsters and creepy crawly animals (my term) and such...which was the best part of the day according to the boys!!                     

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails